The Liebster Award
You could be forgiven for thinking I am crazy because, to be entirely honest, I probably am, but when I was woken up on Sunday morning at the ungodly time of 6.36am by my ‘Old Man’ affectionately drooling on my face and peeked, bleary eyed at my emails I suddenly found myself wide awake and gushing with excitement and my day just continued to get more and more surprising. I really can not thank the lovely LitaKino of ‘LitaKinoAnimeReviews‘ and the wonderful thelimitlessimagination enough for their nominations for the Liebster award. I’m unbelievably flattered and surprised and thankful to be nominated in the first place and especially so, having been nominated by two people whose blogs are really quite marvellous and whose writing I have come to respect a great deal. 😀
So what is the Liebster Award? Well I confess, I didn’t know anything about it until this morning but having done a little reading I can’t help but think “What a wonderful idea!” The Liebster Award is a blogging institution set up to help showcase and support bloggers who don’t have many followers but deserve more attention and right off of the top of my head I can already think of a few people whose passionate portrayal of the things they love could genuinely benefit the community at large so I am really looking forward to making nominations of my own and getting to know a few of you much better! 🙂
So what now? Well here are the rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
So, without further ado, here goes:
1. What Made You Start Your Anime Blog?
I started my anime blog a couple of months ago now because I adore anime, manga, otome games and anything Japanese and have done for a long time. My head was so full of thoughts of the stuff that I love but I don’t have many (if any) people on a real life forum who I can talk to about these things. I think the world of anime, manga etc is so vibrant, broad and interesting that it has become impossible for me to not talk about it anymore so I started putting pen to paper (so to speak) in the hope of finding like-minded individuals to talk to and with the intention of expressing the incredibly geeky otaku side of me that so rarely gets to have a day in the sun 😀
Voila, we have this online case study of my pointless ramblings. Continue reading